Stuart Rennie , Managing Director
- An International Education Consultant with over 15 years’ experience. I have worked as director and head of successful, target driven international offices at leading UK universities.
- I have business development experience in the private sector with the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and Kaplan.
- I now offer consultancy services to the further , higher and commercial education sectors and can deliver solutions that will improve the international position of education providers, maximising revenue in this area.
- Specialist in: Building high performing International business development teams; hitting targets and driving sales; international strategy; international marketing plans; training and consultancy; end to end service; agent development and management; CRM and conversion; partnership delivery
Sarah Rennie , Director
- With over 12 years’ experience in the education sector, as well as time spent in commercial environments, I am responsible for client liaison and office management
Ria Ball, Office Assistant
- Ria has over ten years experience supporting the management teams of small businesses.
- As Office Assistant for SJ Rennie Consulting, Ria provides administrative support across all areas of the business enabling the directors to focus on strategy and client projects.
Luke Jeffers , Executive Company AdvisorEducation Management Professional
- Luke Jeffers is the former owner and Managing Director of Study Overseas Ltd, which over a period of ten years became the leading and most professional Education Recruitment Agency in South Asia
- Studyoverseas represented the leading UK Universities in India, as well as diversifying to represent leading Universities in Australia, Ireland and the Gulf States
- After ten years building up the business, Luke sold Study Overseas to the Australian company Navitas in 2006
- Luke will act as an Executive Advisor and mentor to the Directors and will provide guidance and insight in the following areas:
- Business Development, Strategy & Planning, Finance, Business Planning, Customer Service
Alex Mackay, Associate
- Following a previous career in the Court Office of Glasgow University, Alex has accumulated 20 years experience as a senior member of teaching faculty at Aberdeen Business School, Robert Gordon University.
- He has been proactive in curriculum development, course management and teaching on a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as well as several commercial teaching contracts. His commercial work has included multinationals such as British Airways, Imerys and the Algerian National Oil Company. He has been successful in securing professional accreditation for his courses including AMBA and recently completed discussions with the Chartered Institute of Financial Analysts (CFA) in the US.
- He has played a central role in the establishment and development of the School’s virtual campus platform allowing for a very significant expansion of the distance learning mode of delivery.
- Alex’s teaching a career has taken him to South America, North Africa, Central and S.E. Asia as well as a large number of European countries.
- Throughout his career in RGU he has played a substantial role in international student recruitment activities, especially in India where he has amassed 15 years of in-country experience, developing agent and alumni networks.
- Alex has a particular interest in and commitment to the wider international student experience. He has organised and participated in in-country, pre-arrival briefings, on campus orientation programmes, in semester pastoral support, social activities and student tours and alumni development. In academic year 2012/13, his final year of teaching, Alex was awarded by the Student Union, based on a student voting over a number of sessions, the equivalent of a life-time award for his contribution to teaching and student care.
Hersha Pandya, Associate
- Hersha is an enterprising, personable and focused International Management Consultant with wide experience of global higher education systems and proven success of developing strategies and campaigns with institutions all over the world to promote education in an international forum.
- With 20 years experience in the sector, Hersha has a wide ranging portfolio. Her initial experience was as a senior academic in law and head of department at several Universities which led to setting up and managing highly sought after partnerships including joint ventures, research collaborations and setting up regional offices. She then went on to join one of the top recruiting Universities in London, University of Greenwich as International Director travelling all over the world with particular focus on Africa, India, USA and Europe helping grow International student numbers so that the University was number 1 recruiter in Nigeria, Ghana and India. Subsequent to this as Hersha set up an independent educational consultancy which has led to several placements including being CEO at PFL International one of the largest education recruitment agencies in the world where she managed 18 offices, over 250 staff worldwide and placed over 2500 students.
- Now she is founder and Managing Director of International Education Centres which currently operates out of the UK and India and is expanding to the USA. The focus of the centres is two fold: to provide learning and skills to anyone who wishes to top up their educational experience at any time of life, be it study skills, language or placement, secondly to assist global educational establishments with their international provision in country, this can be organising highly effective recruitment campaigns, international high school tours or representing them at events, exhibitions and meetings thereby saving the institutions considerable costs.
Peter Brown, Associate
Chief Executive - The Student Visa Consultancy
- With 32 years in the UK Immigration Service, 16 years of which I spent as an Entry Clearance Officer and Entry Clearance Manager in 13 of the UK’s most challenging visa departments, my knowledge and experience in the UKBA’s Risk Assessing and Visa Handling systems is extensive. In Mumbai (2005-2008) I was responsible for promoting education in the UK throughout western India and managed the team of ECOs responsible for handling all student visa applications. With this background TSVC has, since its inception, provided sponsor institutions with UKBA compliant support and maintained a 100% visa success rate for all students who have followed our advice.
Corinna May , Associate
- Corinna has extensive international marketing experience gained over 15 years of working in senior roles in both the education and travel sectors, most recently as Head of Consumer Marketing for London & Partners (official promotional agency for London attracting and delivering value to businesses, students and visitors worldwide). Experience in this role includes:
- Management and delivery of pan market multi-media B2C advertising campaigns (strategy, research, creative development, agency and team management, media planning, delivery of evaluations and final reports),
- Management of B2B marketing and communications strategy to the travel industry and paying partnership scheme
- Management of a large range of stakeholders including the office of the Mayor of London and commercial partners, accountable for ROI and campaign effectiveness Securing £1 for £1 in commercial revenue against grant funding.
- Prior to this role Corinna’s international educational experience takes in senior territory marketing roles both at Oxford Brookes University and Kingston University where Corinna was responsible for successful negotiation of franchised teaching programmes and affiliated educational partnerships in Asia and managed the proposal and set-up of the Kingston University office in India.
Gretchen Dobson, Associate
- With over 20 years experience in higher education in the United States, I am now helping clients around the world create strategic and sustainablealumni relations programs.
- Key to a successful alumni engagement strategy is to build upon the student recruitment, education abroad and other international academic partnerships. The mutual exposure of students and alumni to each other is paramount.
- The suite of services I provide expands to include international fundraising, international special events management and executive coaching for professionals new to the international alumni/development arena.
Isobel Rossiter, Associate
- Isobel is a dynamic, internationally experienced manager, with over 17 years’ experience gained in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Specialising predominantly in education, she holds a strong marketing, partnership and public relations background, with her areas of expertise including:
- Sourcing, vetting and establishment of new collaborative partnerships and on-going logistical and financial management of collaborative contracts.
- Facilitation of large, complex and multiple stakeholder projects, with vast experience of engaging key stakeholders from grass roots through to Ministerial level.
- Creating, implementing and leading in delivering strategic direction in a diverse range of international contexts with particular reference to international student recruitment and international collaborative work
- Staff management, training, motivation and development
- With senior management roles in a diverse range of educational institutions she is highly experienced in creating and adapting recruitment and partnership methodology to suit the individual educational environment.
Nicky Chapman, AssociateDirector - ND Events and Marketing Ltd
- With eighteen years experience at senior management level within Higher Education and a further four years as a consultant to the sector, Nicky has a wealth of expertise and a sound understanding of all the issues, both historical and emerging.
- An all round marketer, she combines excellent project management and problem solving skills with an innovative and creative approach to marketing communications. A highly experienced manager, she can support and motivate staff, particularly during change, to ensure all business objectives are met. Nicky also offers an interesting array of away day options, ranging from the facilitation discussions from the work place, to treasure hunts and chocolate making.